Our Ordinary Life

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Scrapping up a storm!

The one of the best things I can say about Stacy Julian's class at BPS (so far!) is that I'm starting to feel the mojo working again! Woohoo! After tagging all my layouts, I found that I am seriously lacking in the "Places We Go" category. My W's are pretty well split, so I decided to concentrate on the "Why." For me, that is the most difficult. So I present you my class layout:




Papers - Happy Stripes and Flowers by Michelle Coleman (scrapartist.com); Fonts -CK Grocery List (journaling), Mailart Ruberstamp (Title); Sketch: Scrapbook Shortcuts (SS mag), pg. 54


The boys were seriously concerned with where I was "living" while I was traveling...The things children are worried about!

Another funny thing I noticed - I tend to leave off the "who" in certain layouts. Like I assume the viewer knows who is in the photos. Not such a good idea if my great-grandkids are looking at the scrapbook and are trying to figure out which one is Grandpa Geary and which one is Great-Uncle Adam!

I also did another layout for the Simply You Challenge at Scrapartist. This is for week 25 - Cooking. I love to cook. I also love teaching the boys how to cook. A couple weeks ago I had Dan take these pictures of me & the boys making Dinner (Coffee Spice Rubbed Rib Eyes, From Bobby Flay's Boy Meets Grill). Mmmmmm.




Papers - Chelsey's Dream by Michelle Coleman (scrapartist.com); Fonts -CK Shannon List (journaling), Dirty Headline(Title); Sketch: Scrapbook Shortcuts (SS mag), pg. 78


Both of these layouts can be seen in my gallery at Scrapartist.

0 comments: