Our Ordinary Life

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Random Thoughts

Do you remember that little piece on Saturday Night Live? Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy. Anyway, that came to mind because of current events. I live in Houston, Texas. And most of you probably know what the number one topic of conversation is...that's right! The Big, crooked E of Enron! Jeff Skilling, former CEO, has been on the witness stand all week. It certainly has been entertaining. Today, Jeff Skilling was quoting Mr. Bill from SNL..."OH NOOOOOOOO! It's Mr. Bill!" In a nutshell...I think the guy is delusional! I think he really believes the crap that he is spewing. So I want to know (heavy sarcasm alert!)...can you convict a guy for lying to and deceiving investors if he doesn't believe that he did anything wrong?!? My favorite quote (from today's testimony)"His take on broadband: 'We made a mistake. It wasn't big. It was a billion dollars.' " Hmmm. Last time I looked, $1 billion was kinda a big number. Maybe I'm the one who is delusional! If you want some fun, you can read these 2 blogs for the latest on the trial:
Loren Steffy's Blog Loren is a busines writer for the Houston Chronicle. His blog can be opinionated. But, the comments are priceless. If you have time, go back to the beginning of the week when Jeff first got on the stand. There is also the Trial Watch blog, which gives more of a blow-by-blow account of testimony.
Trial Watch

So in my blog readings, I came across this really FUN site on Kim Christensen's blog. It's called the Advertising Slogan Generator here Wow! Is this a TOTAL time waster, or what?!? My favorite so far is "This is the Age of The Melissa!" Or, how about "I like the Melissa so much, I bought the company!" Of course, I had to put Dan's name and got this beautiful gem "Where Dan is a pleasure." No comment!!!!!!!!

So, I just have to vent about my two little monsters! I really would like whoever stole my sweet little boys to return them. Because I have to tell you, the substitutes that were left in their places are MONSTERS! To be fair, Danny is out of town until Easter Sunday. And, they have been wonderful up until tonight. Now, I could blame it on all the sugar from their parties this afternoon. But let's face it...that's not really the problem. They are just rambuncious boys! Get over it girl! Besides, they can only be perfect for so long before they revert to their evil ways {big grin}! OK, I feel better!

And to end this on a positive note. I got my email notification today from Simple Scrapbooks that they've charged my cc for Cathy Z's new book! Woohoo! I'm hoping this means it'll arrive before I have to leave for Aberdeen again. And a big thanks to Miss Kim for pointing out Ali Edwards' new book and font CD over on CK's website. I've got both of those on pre-order now, too! Blessed are the enablers!

God bless all of you this most wonderful Holiday weekend!

0 comments: