Our Ordinary Life

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Just your average Saturday

We had a GLORIOUS day today! The weather could not have been better. The sun was shining, there was no humidity and it was probably 65 degrees! I just love spring in Houston! We spent the morning outside working on the yard. The kids and I moved everything off the back patio and blew off all the leaves and CRAP that had accumulated over the winter. While we were doing this, Danny was mowing and edging the front yard. The kids LOVE using the blower...they fight over who gets to use it! So, Adam got to blow off the patio, Geary got to blow off the driveway.

I got some new photo filters from PhotoBlast today after reading Miss Kim's blog. I had heard about these filters before, but I had forgotten about them. Ooh, they are kewl! I wish I could drop $75 on the entire set...but it's just not in the budget this month. Of course, I'm an instant gratification kind of girl, so I just bought the ones I REALLY wanted: Dark Chocolate, Vivid Color, Color Wash and Midnight Color. I used the Vivid Color effect on a layout I did this evening (see below).
Tonight, Kim Christiansen hosted a chat at sbb with Michelle Coleman (a total genious in designing, IMHO). Michelle gave out a free kit that was PERFECT for my Azalea layout.



Paper squares: Tutti Frutti (chat Freebie)
Mini Tags: Ligter Shades of Pale
Antiquated Swirl Brushes
All by Michelle Coleman at ScrapArtist
PhotoBlast Vivid Color Effect
Font: Susie's Hand


Then I whipped over to ScrapArtist to see what I've been missing in the Simply You challenge. Well, I missed Jess' chat last week, but I thought I might just make it for the bonus challenge "Describe your life now in lyrics." I chose Kenney Chesney's "The Woman With You". It's a fabulous song and always makes me cry when I hear it on the radio. OK...I'm a sap! But it's such a great song for me.


Virtual Photographer Ambience filter
Fonts: Times New Roman, Monika
Lyrics - Kenny Chesney's The Woman With You (courtesy lyrics.astraweb.com)


So, it's probably time to head off to bed. Tomorrow...more on the races up at Texas Motor Speedway.

0 comments: