Our Ordinary Life

Friday, April 07, 2006

Kids say the darndest things!

Dinner conversation:

Geary: Mommy, were you alive during the 80’s?
Me: Yes
Geary: Were you a tiny baby?
Me: No. I was a grown up.
Geary: Wow, Mommy. You’re really old.
Sigh!

I think he’s talking about the 80’s at school. His 1st grade teacher is ONLY 24 years old. She was BORN the year I graduated from high school. How old does that make me feel? ANCIENT!

I got invited to a National Scrapbook Day event with my paper scrapping friends (they think my stuff looks very real!). OK, so they're all into Creative Memories and will probably never leave, but to each his own, right? Anyway, I'm bummed because I'll be on a plane home from Aberdeen. My girlfriend said that I should have Danny bring my stuff over and set it up for me so that when I get off the plane, I can go directly over there for a little scrapping!

So, have you seen Shabby Princess' new stuff? Love that new kit!

Tonight’s meal:
Meatloaf “Muffins”
Mac ‘n Cheese
Green Beans with Bacon
--Courtesy of Rachael Ray’s 30 minute Meals

This woman is a whiz when it comes to quick&easy, yummy meals! It may take me a little longer than 30 minutes to make a dinner, but it’s never more than 45 minutes. Everything I’ve tried from her cookbooks or online recipes have been delicious! The best part is the boys LOVE to help out in the kitchen. AJ has decided that when he grows up he wants to be a chef on “Iron Chef America.” I’m not kidding! It’s his favorite show on TV (except for maybe the “Doodlebops” on Disney). And, if you ask Geary who his favorite Iron Chef is, he’ll tell you his brother Adam (awww…that’s just too sweet. Is that really my son saying that?!?)

I owe, I owe, so it's off to work I go!

0 comments: