Our Ordinary Life

Monday, October 20, 2008

A Lesson in Self Portraits


or, Why You Shouldn't Leave Your Camera With a 9 Year Old.

Geary had his first swim meet this weekend. It's different from Summer League swimming. The kids are required to "circle in" (circle their number on the Heat Sheets). They are also responsible for getting their Heat Number/Lane Assignment once it's been published. So, being the Mom, I went up to the great hoarde of people to figure out Geary's Heat Numbers and Lane Assignments. I figured it would be safer to leave the camera with him..HA! This is just one of the fun little surprises I found on my camera :)

The swim meet was a huge success! Geary had a fantastic time and did very well. On Saturday he swam the 100 Free, 100 Breaststroke and 50 Butterfly. He even won his heat in the 100 Free! On Sunday, he swam the 50 Free and 50 Breaststroke. The results still haven't been posted, so I don't know the final outcome, but I am a very proud Mama! His coach was really impressed, too. He told me he thought Geary would excel in Breaststroke - which is Geary's favorite stroke!

Here are a few photos. We weren't allowed to use flash inside the Natatorium during the competitions, so it was hard to get good action shots. But, I think these are a good representation:

--Self posed :) Geary wanted to make sure his team cap was showing!


--Waiting for his heat to begin.


--Take your mark!

0 comments: