Our Ordinary Life

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Slow and steady

I have to keep reminding myself of that. I swam again tonight. It's only the third time I've been in the pool for Masters. I really love being in the pool. It's the hardest thing I've ever done (except maybe giving birth, but at least I had good drugs to help me through that. LOL!). But I love it! Tonight I cramped up really badly -- from the knee down to my foot. The good thing, though, was the encouragement from the other adults swimming. One of the men even told me about how one night when he first started his whole leg cramped (it wasn't a pretty sight!). So, my word is present in my life today. Persistent. My next day back in the water is Monday night! And I'll be there!

Jan 5
Photo Actions by Totally Rad (Boring Selinium and Bitchin' B&W)
This is also my picture for today for the Picture Winter class. Yesterday's picture was a bit of sunshine:

Jan 4
Photo Actions by My4HensPhotography. I combined like 3 or 4 of them.
For this picture I sat on the floor in our game room and practiced focusing on the sap bucket with the sunflowers. Through a little bit of creative cropping, it looks brighter than it really was.

You may have also noticed that I added another badge to my blog. I decided to retake Ali Edwards' Yesterday and Today class at Big Pictures Classes. When I originally took the class in the Fall of 2009, I was really not feeling the love for scrapbooking, so I never truly embraced the class. Already I have completed the three excercises for the first week (I don't think I ever did it the first time) and have lots to think about! I'm going to take pictures of the worksheets this weekend and post here.

But the excercise got me thinking about all the layouts I haven't printed. One of my tasks for this weekend is go through all my albums and mark which layouts I've printed, so I can make a list of the layouts I want to print (and which ones should never been spoken of again!). I'll probably upload them in batches and send off to scrapbookpictures.com. I've used them before and have been really pleased with the quality and the colors. So my question to you digital scrappers is: Have you printed all of your layouts? If not, why not?

Well, I'm off to moan and groan and take care of my aching muscles.

0 comments: