Our Ordinary Life

Sunday, January 02, 2011

New Year' Goals

I don't do resolutions...really, I don't. Resolutions can be so generic. "I'm going to lose weight." "I'm going to excercise more." You know the drill. Well, this year, I've set some goals for myself. Starting with the concept of One Little Word. I first heard about this from Ali Edwards a few years ago. My previous word was Play. I don't even remember what my word was for last year (so that was a big bust!). This year, she is offering a year-long class at Big Picture Classes to help keep your word active in your life. I am all over that! My word for this year is PERSISTENT. According to dictionary.com, the definition is:

 persisting, esp. in spite of opposition, obstacles, discouragement, etc.

My word fits for me and my goals for this year: Lose weight (50 pounds), Move More (running, swimming, biking), spend more time being creative (photography, scrapbooking, sewing). I'm really looking forward to this journey. I've started on my OLW album pages and anxiously waiting for my album to get back in stock at Scrapbook.com so I can print it out and have something tangible to sit on my desk.

Also among my goals is to be persistent in my weight loss. Last year I started Weight Watchers at Work. My company is paying for it (WooHoo!). Without much effort, I was able to drop 15 pounds. But, after a visit to my doctor, I know that I really need to lose 50 more pounds. The only way that is going to happen is if I Move More and Eat Less. While this isn't an online class, it does use one of my favorite crafty things: Scrapbooking to document my journey. Again, I'm working on a physical album (even using my own handwriting!) to have that tangible piece of accountability.

My other goal is to persue more crafty activities. This last year I was a huge lump and barely did any scrapbooking. Other than my Week in Life Album in April, there was not much craft goodness going on in this household. Santa was very good to me and brought me my Canon Rebel that I've been coveting for several years *GRIN*. As a gift to myself, I signed up for Tracey Clark's Picture Winter online class at Big Picture Classes. Each day for the next 30 days I get an email with a prompt for taking a picutre. What better way to get to know my camera than by doing this?
Day 1: 
Jan 01

Day 2:
Jan 2

Day 2 alternate (just because I love how this turned out!):
Jan 2 alternate

1 comments:

Diana said...

Very nice. Met you on Picture Winter! Happy 2011.