Our Ordinary Life

Thursday, January 19, 2006

WooHoo! I'm Employed!

Whew! I got a job offer today from the company I had hoped would offer me a job. I interviewed with them on Monday and it felt so comfortable and meant for me. Today, they offered me a very generous offer! I'm so relieved. Of course, this means I have to give up my lady's life of leisure (LOL!) I think the thing I'll miss the most is the whole SAHM thing. I never thought I would enjoy that lifestyle, but in a way I do. I enjoyed the quality time I had with my oldest son, Geary. I got to help him with his homework everyday when he came home from school. But, he misses being at the daycare after school. His little brother Adam is there and they miss seeing each other in the afternoon. I miss the independence of having my own money...asking dh for money is not something I'm used to doing. Well...

In NASCAR news, my boy DJ was fastest in morning drafting practice on Wednesday! Go 88! We want you to race the truck! We LOVE the truck! LOL! Maybe this will be his year to win his 4th Daytona 500. The surprise of testing, to me, has to be Sterling Marlin. He's in an under-funded team. Maybe that's not entirely fair. He's not racing for one of the Super-Mega teams, so he doesn't have the funding he may be used to. Although he's not the "fastest", he's been consistently at the top of the speed charts during testing. Might be a good sleeper pick to win his 3rd 500. And what about Smoke? Will he have good luck at the 500 this year. Tony doesn't normally have good luck at Daytona in February. All I can say is it's 30 days until the Daytona 500 (and my wedding anniversary). BTW, where did I spend my honeymoon? At the Daytona 500 baby!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Photo taken in the backstretch (superstretch) hospitality area). My best friend worked for Square D at the time, so she was able to get us into the hospitality area for the Busch and Cup races.


And in scrapping news...I did finish my latest addition to the Simply You Challenge at Scrapartist. I used Kim's 2-page sketch to do this layout.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everything from Kim Christensen's Casablanca kit (alpha's re-papered)
Photos from the Internet (some from the Italian Tourist Board)
Font - Albermarle Swash, McGanahan
Layout based on Kim Christensen's 2-page sketch 1-18-06

Oh, and doesn't Kim have the cutest stuff in the sbb store? As soon as my first paycheck comes in, I'm gonna be buying more of her stuff!

1 comments:

MirandaLea said...

Congratulations on the new job! It must be great to have a job you like. Maybe I will someday...

Love your LO! I've always wanted to visit Italy. Lucky girl!